Nutritional Value :
Medicinal Value :
- The herb comprises rich amount of vitamin B1 (thiamin), vitamin B2 (riboflavin) vitamin B3 (niacin) and vitamin B6 (pyridoxine).
- This will help you to convert carbohydrates into glucose
- To improve the functioning of your nervous system.
- It has also good amount of vitamin K.
- It has an excellent source of minerals i.e. calcium, magnesium, sodium, manganese and zinc.
Medicinal Value :
- In India the roots, stems and leaves has been traditionally used as an herb for treating acute and chronic diseases for thousands of years.
- The indigenous Siddha system of medicine recognizes Vallarai as ‘Kaya Kalpa' or ‘elixirs of life'.
- Many of the ‘Ayurvedic Rasayana' preparations use Vallarai as an important ingredient.
- The traditional physicians of ancient Indian have recognized the plant's ability in healing chronic wounds, varicose vein, stomach ulcers, skin disorders i.e. eczema, psoriasis or leprosy, dreaded viral infections i.e. hepatitis and syphilis.
- The herb has ability to balance your excessive BP to near normal level.
- It is highly recommended as a de-worming agent.
- The herb is also prescribed as an expectorant since it clears phlegm from your respiratory system.
- It is a tonic and has ability to tone up your muscular tissues.
- It improves hemoglobin percentage, RBC, serum cholesterol and blood sugar in your blood.
- It activates fast growth of your hair, skin and even nails. It is identified as an excellent brain and nerve stimulant.
- It is believed that this herb improves brain function and the mental ability as well as improves memory and learning performance.
- You are able to overcome easily all your negative effects related with fatigue and stress.
- The herb has potentials to improve I.Q. among children. It is also recommended for mentally retarded children.
Source : http://www.healthmad.com/Nutrition/Health-Benefits-of-Gotu-Kola-brahmi-or-Vallarai.410475