Monday, March 2, 2009

Cellulite and Stretch Mark busters

Hi Pregnant Mom,
As your pregnancy progresses, do you find yourself noticing some extra cellulite? What about stretch marks?

Unfortunately, if you think you had cellulite before, it will only get worse with pregnancy (especially IF you don't take any preventative measures). BUT don't panic, if you do get it, it IS temporary and it WILL get better post-pregnancy (I can vouch for this personally!). In the meantime do your best to decrease your chances with my tips below...

Why Do We Get MORE Cellulite?

During pregnancy, estrogen and progesterone levels are high. As a result, pregnant women have increased fatty deposits, water retention, and a weakened fiber structure.

And when the fats, fluids and toxins are trapped deep in the skin, the connective tissue thickens and hardens, giving the skin a lovely cottage cheese appearance.

BUT, don't despair, there ARE some things that you CAN do now to ensure "quick and easy removal" after delivery.

Here are 4 Proven Cellulite FIGHTERS:

1. Drink lots of water - water cleanses the digestive system and flushes toxins and waste out of the body (very important!).

2. Eat a moderately low-fat, low-sugar, high fiber diet with emphasis on fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.

3. Avoid salty foods as much as possible. Salty foods increase water retention and make cellulite appear worse.

4. Be physically active (if you can!). Physical activity plays a HUGE role in circulation and flushing the toxins out of your body - do make time for this!

By the way, if you don't already know, the two most effective ways for women to get rid of their body fat and cellulite and get back to pre-pregnancy shape are breast-feeding and exercise, so make sure to check out my post-pregnancy weight loss program to fast track your way to an awesome body!

And What About STRETCH MARKS?


Stretch marks are probably one of the MOST common skin problems that pregnant women face.

During my pregnancy, I religiously massaged my body with cocoa butter cream every morning after my shower. I also inherited some good genes - my mother didn't have a stretch mark problem with any of her three pregnancies! So, I am happy to report that I got through my pregnancy completely stretch mark free.

So Was It The Cream Or The Genes?

Unfortunately for some, most research nowadays points directly to the genes.

Although I do believe our genes play a big role, I also STRONGLY believe in following a daily workout routine for your skin! And believe you me, even knowing that I have good genes and that I came through my pregnancy without a mark, I WILL absolutely keep up the same skin care routine with my next pregnancy!

To be on the safe side, here are my TOP 3 Tips to Prevent Stretch Marks:

1. Start a DAILY routine of gently massaging your body (breasts, abdomen, and buttocks) with a good cream.

The problem with creams is that it's hard to know WHICH cream to use. If you've ever wandered into a store to try to find the ultimate "stretch mark cream" - you might find yourself a little overwhelmed with the choices! I prefer the good old fashioned Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter or Vitamin E. 
2. Eat a well balanced diet - some studies show that nutritional deficiencies (especially deficiencies in Vitamin E, C, Zinc, and Silicon) play a role in creating stretch marks.

3. Drink LOTS of water - this will help to keep your skin soft and supple (add lemon if you don't like the taste - but DO drink it!).

Because of all the demands that pregnancy puts on your skin, do yourself a BIG favor and take care of yourself NOW! Do NOT wait until it's too late, you'll be filled with regret like so many other women out there! 
Source : http://www.pregnancywithoutpounds.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
I O(we) Beauty © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner